*My favorite book (one of) What Do You Care? Feynman valued openness in scientific thought: LATimes and NewYorkTimes
Podcast available - Wendy's Coffeehouse 3/19/17 - Stan and Nancy and Kansas MUFON
Worthy notes: odds, ends, related and otherwise -
- Chuck Berry gone at 90: Obit/QZ.com He rocks on across the Galaxy: Johnny B Goode, one of 20 some tunes sent out in a greeting to our space neighbors: Voyager - Golden Record
- Tom DeLonge says he's got a scoop on UFO stuff: Express
- UFO Researcher Grant Cameron says not so fast, some of that stuff might be disinformation, so be careful before jumping to any conclusions: YouTube
Crater of Diamonds State Park - 2012
- Crater of Diamonds State Park let one loose. Lucky teen found a 7.44 carat diamond. Daily Mail
- What a rock! My trip here wasn't quite so productive even though it had just rained and the odds were good.
Quite the energy buzz in that area. Take an umbrella.
It's a giant dirt pasture. You'll need it for shade.
- Need a happy fix? Nature Docs are the remedy: MNN
- Down the rabbit hole ... a Knight! Giant cave discovered. 700 years old: Mirror
- Time travel is in the bag and funny. Making History Review: USA Today
- And for the bookshelf: Time Travel: James Gleick
- Alternative time travel - the guy who fell into a narcoleptic coma and woke up in the year 3900 something, spent a year there and then returned. Boggles the mind. Prophecies of Paul Dienach and another version of this Story: Chronicles from the Future.
Wendy's Coffeehouse 3/19/17 - Stan Seba and Nancy DeSousa/ Kansas MUFON - Sightings are up for the year. Apparently Cryptids are increasingly part of the mix.
Stan opens with a description provided from a recent sighting that certainly falls outside the norm of UFO reports. Nancy and Stan are now doing a weekly show on KGRA. Details. Tune in there for more updates on the Kansas and MUFON sightings in general.
Nancy says she became a MUFON investigator after a sighting at Wyandotte County Lake. Having been there several times to walk the dogs, I had a good picture of the scene she described.
In regard to the picture I sent to Stan of an object sighted above my house in 2014, he needs the actual pic from the file. So that's in the works and I'll update when his expert has a determination.
Aside from other unique circumstantial details that implied there might be more to the display than the visual presence, it didn't look too out of the ordinary. What was out of the ordinary was the fact the star appeared during daytime hours and remained in place for a few hours. Here's the blog post that describes the event.
Extra - Famous people known to have had UFO encounters include Cat Stevens who wrote a song about his: House of Freezing Steel
*Entertaining the Curious - Wendy's Coffeehouse Podcast Archives