My guest for this show - Jim Harold - paranormal podcast guy and author of Campfire Books. Now five to choose from and a coloring book. Podcast Wendy's Coffeehouse with Jim Harold link.
- Trending UFO/Alien news. Headline newsbite making the rounds "metal from UFO wreckage" Sun details: "lab in Lausanne, Switzerland, have revealed that the strange fragment of
metal is made up of 90 percent aluminum and is 250,000 years old." Fox News
- Enter (if you dare) Airbnb.com 550 characters: Your words to Count Dracula if you met him in person? Today.com Hosted by Dacre Stoker (Bram's great nephew), winner spends the night in his castle.Banned from the premises: garlic/garlic-scented items, silver jewelry and holy items. Video a preview: Telegraph "the count is not a fan of mirror selfies." Contest runs through Oct 26.
- Missed the annual Texas Bigfoot Convention last weekend but did find out about a related organization to note: North American Wood Ape Conservancy, dedicated to proving the existence of Bigfoot. Kansas and Missouri appear to be in the neutral zone for sighting.
- Dining with Weston Ghosts (Sold Out) is booked for the season in Weston, Mo. Business is booming for the (Haunted) Crescent Hotel in Eureka Springs, AR. Extra tours have been added to meet the demand. ReserveEureka.com
- Daniel Turducken Stinkerbutt, emotional support duck for Carla Fitzgerald of Wisconsin, finds a fan club on Twitter thanks to Mark Essig (and he's a cutie duck) Washington Post
- Gold in the tweet feed: Daniel enjoying his Mac and Cheese and more Daniel on YouTube
- And the crowd goes wild - audio included/as Baby Racoon "Scoop" is rescued from a ledge of the Toronto Star building in Canada. News Department (no doubt) on scene for the recovery play-by-play. Pics from theStar
- Harry Potter - the Religion? TheWeek "Harry Potter and the Sacred Text is a weekly podcast reading Harry Potter, the best-selling series of all time, as if it was a sacred text." Worth a listen. On YouTube:
Well done. This spin of Harry Potter is off to a good start: Harry Potter Sacred Text
Subscribe on YouTube.
So, we still have a bit of ambient static for the audio - but that might be a quirk of the content. Powers who know the powers-that-be have been notified. Ready now for off-beat prime time, the most recent podcast: Wendy's Coffeehouse with Jim Harold
Fans of the Paranormal have been seeking out Jim Harold - paranormal podcast guy since 2005.
What started as a part-time hobby has blossomed into a full-time endeavor with a world-wide fan club and contributors. Jim Harold's Campfire Podcast is a gem.
Given the interest continues to grow, story book number five is a welcome addition.
Jim promises variety in this one from Ghosts, to UFOs and Bigfoot, spooky tales gleaned from the mix. During the show, I give him one of my own ghost stories to ponder.
Listen for the story of the little girl with black eyes. Time runs out on the very last head-scratcher from book number 3.
Short version of that: A woman experiences a place that seems not quite right. Unnerved, she manages a desperate escape and later returns and confirms something was very wrong with that encounter.
Okay, that's the condensed version from what I remember Jim revealing in the show. A bona fide teaser it is. Good Reads Review of Volume 3 (Cheers!)
Hooked and want to know the rest of the story? Follow the link. Happy reading!
Enjoy distracting yourself whilst listening to creepy tales and butterflies and flowers aren't your thing, snag his coloring book and color yourself spooky. Amazon