“Stars, too, were time travelers. How many of those ancient points of light were the last echoes of suns now dead? How many had been born but their light not yet come this far? If all the suns but ours collapsed tonight, how many lifetimes would it take us to realize we were alone? I had always known the sky was full of mysteries—but not until now had I realized how full of them the earth was.”
- Ransom Riggs,
Wendy's Coffeehouse Podcast - 10/29/16 Stan Seba/Kansas MUFON
UFO news overload this week. And given this week's UFO topic, it's all good.
- Facebook Image Link I promised for the coffee ghost cartoon - "Need coffee, had a busy weekend knocking on walls."
- Mysterious orb-like UFO "breaks woman's video camera" when she tries to record it. DailyMirror
- Rather than "break", she says something caused the camera to malfunction. Video On YouTube.
- It's Aliens, probably. Scientists say the highly unusual messages they have observed from space are very likely coming from aliens. Independent Not quite ready to sign off on it, but the research in progress is indicating a higher potential for the ET connection. Source paper Cornell Univ.
- Sightings in Arizona Daily Mail and Charlotte, NC are generating buzz. WCNC The guy who posted the now viral YouTube vid says he never expected to see anything like this and has no explanation for it. (500,000 views and counting.)
- Meet Tabby and her star. YouTube -- The big, fun SETI project underway now is focused on Tabby's Star. Universe Today Gearing up for paper writing and Nobel Prizes. Video
- Just in time for Halloween, Live Bat Cam joins the fun, along with Bears and others Explore.Org
10/29/16 - Wendy's Coffeehouse Guest - Stan Seba - Kansas MUFON Podcast
Stan mentioned a fascinating case from Oak Hill, KS. Some rather unique circumstances provided an unintended backdrop for this sighting. The photographer was trying to get a decent photo of lightning. He got that with a little something extra. Stan forwarded the image and specs on the app from Kansas MUFON files. The black spot in the center of the photo isn't dirt.
|UFO - Oak Hill, Kansas 2015, Image provided by Kansas MUFON|
called “Lightening Camera” published by ‘Pluto Applications.’
It is available for android and apple smartphone/tablet operating systems.
Unknown object, according to Dr. Bruce S. Maccabee, Ph,D .
This same witness has submitted other photos taken with this app
of objects that we are currently investigating." - Stan Seba, Mufon KS.
I asked Stan about one of the more highly publicized UFO encounters in the Kansas archives. The case is from Delphos, KS. Stan says from all of the research behind the scenes and in the archives, this case is legit. Video from YouTube tells the story. Related Info from EarthMysteryNews
Report a UFO or UFO related event directly to MUFON
Contact MUFON Kansas directly
Local KS meeting schedules and meeting information
Oh, the reason I didn't think much of my photo of the "star" UFO - or reporting it to MUFON is because it just looks like a tiny speck.
However, the telepathic prompt to step outside and look and then to have my husband ask me if I had seen whatever it was above the house. It is what it is. And it stayed there for about half an hour after he told me, allowing me to at least attempt a photo capture. Curious. Blog post and image
To follow other UFO reports and sightings: UFO Stalker
In honor of Halloween, a few Ghost stories to ponder ... Arizona Ghost Stories
And a preview of The Great Big Story - Winchester House (we talked about this a couple of shows back). View the tour. And subscribe to the feed. That's how I got this preview.